Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The charming city

Clearly, the “blogging once a week” plan is not working out. But I would still try my best to write blogs as often as I can. These days my day begins early in the morning (around 6) unlike earlier when it used to begin a little before afternoon. This, thanks to my new assignment which involves training newly hired employees at the NIIT office (Basheerbagh & Secunderabad). I begin the training at 9 in the morning at Basheerbagh and then leave for secunderabad (clock tower) at 1. This training ends by 6 in the evening.


But what I really want to talk about is the place, secunderabad. I really like my journey from Basheerbagh to Secunderabad via Tank bund. I generally love to just sit and observe people and the mundane things that they do. There is something special and charming about this place. I can identify with the place for some weird reason. I like the cosmopolitan and liberal nature of the city, because I love freedom. Restrictions choke me. It has a mix of communities and the one I like the most is the Anglo – Indian culture. The liberal thinking can be attributed to the fact that the city was directly under the control of the British. I feel the place still has an old-world charm.




 I stay in almost the other end of the city right now. But I would like to settle in secunderabad one day. :-)

2 comments:

  1. As a Secunderabadian (I think I just made that up now!) I welcome you to MY city with open arms :p

    ReplyDelete